December 21, 1951, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Joncas, a Catholic priest, is a liturgical theologian and composer of contemporary music.
He attended the University of Notre Dame (MA Liturgical Studies, 1978), and the Pontificio Istituto Liturgico, Collegio Sant’Anselmo, Rome (SLL 1999, SLD 1991).
He was ordained in 1980, and held a number of positions, including associate pastor with Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish, Maplewood, Minnesota (1980–84); campus minister and education director for the Newman Center, University of Minnesota (1984–87); and parochial administrator at St. Cecilia’s Parish, St. Paul, Minnesota.
As of 2013, he was teaching at the University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota, at the University of Notre Dame, and summer courses at the Saint John’s School of Theology - Seminary, Collegeville, Minnesota.
- All That I Counted as Gain
- All Who Labor and Are Burdened
- As the Father Has Loved Me
- Blessed Are You Among Women
- Come, Let Us Sing to the Lord
- Console My People, the Ones Dear to Me
- Ev’ry Nation on Earth
- For Those Who Lead and Guide the Church of Christ
- I Am the Word That Spoke and Light Was Made
- I Feed My People on the Finest of Bread
- I Lift Up My Eyes to the Mountains
- I Rejoiced When I Heard Them Say
- In the Sight of Angels
- Let Us Complete Our Evening Prayer
- Lord Is My Light and My Salvation, The
- Lord Is My Light, the Lord Is My Strength, The
- Lord, to Whom Shall We Go?
- May God Satisfy Your Longing
- O Ancient Love Processing Through the Ages
- O God, with Your Judgment Endow the King
- O God, You Are My God Whom I Seek
- On Eagle’s Wings
- Seek the Face of the Lord
- We Remember One Who Loved Us Well
- Springs of Water, Bless the Lord
- We Place upon Your Table a Gleaming Cloth of White
- When We Eat This Bread
- With the Lord There Is Mercy
- You Servants of the Lord
- You Who Dwell in the Shelter of the Lord