August 21, 1866, Jordan, Nova Scotia, Canada.
March 9, 1948, Atlanta, Georgia.
Westview Cemetery, Atlanta, Georgia.
Daughter of James N. and Irene Harding Holden, Civilla taught school before marrying Walter Martin. Together, they produced a number of Gospel songs.
- Accepted in the Beloved
- Across the Border Line
- Ambassadors for the King
- Are You a Friend to Jesus?
- Because He Loved His Own
- Blood Will Never Lose Its Power, The
- Breath of the Spirit, The
- Do Something for Somebody
- Doing Business for the King
- God Will Take Care of You
- He Died Because He Loved Us So
- Hear Ye Him
- Heaven for Me
- His Eye Is on the Sparrow
- His Love Is an Ocean So Boundless and Deep
- I Am Singing the New Song Today
- In a Moment
- King of the Ages, The
- Love Keeps Me Singing
- My Father Knows Just What I Need
- Now He Uses Me
- O How You Need Him
- Old Account Was Settled, The
- Old-Fashioned Way, The
- Old Rugged Cross, The
- On the Upgrade
- One of God’s Days Every Dark Cloud
- Saved and Kept by Power Divine
- Sitting at the Feet of Jesus
- Sleeper in Zion, Awake
- So Near to the Kingdom of Heaven
- Some Day I Will Sing the Great Glory Song
- Standing in the Forefront
- Tell It to Jesus Alone
- ’Twill Not Be Long, the Burdens Now We Carry
- Was It You?
- Watching for the Dawning
- We Shall Be Like Him
- What a Change
- When Days of Toil Have All Gone By
- Wonderful Love
- Wonderful Time, A
- You Shall Wear a Crown
where to get a better photo of Martin